Mac HuskyPrint Installation
To print from a personal computer to a campus printer, you will need to setup the print queues on your personal computer. You will be able to install print using a wired or wireless connection (on campus).
- Have successfully installed, configured,
and registered your computer for HuskyNet or ResNet
- Are currently on campus
and active on the network
- Know your HuskyNetID (username) and password
OS 10.5 and 10.6
OS 10.7 (Lion)
OS 10.8 (Mountain Lion)
- When you are printing to a HuskyPrint printer, you will see a "popup" application appear on the screen. Supply your HuskyNetID (username) and a password that you can remember. At the print station, you will be prompted for your username and this password in order to release the print job.
- The popup client will not work unless the computer is rebooted after installation of the popup application.
- Duplex (2-sided) printing may not work properly with these instructions. For more information on 2-sided printing from Macs, please contact the HelpDesk.
- If you do not see the pop-up window when printing, your local firewall might prevent Pharos Pop-up to be allowed through the firewall.
- To allow pop-ups, go to the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and Sharing.
- Under the Firewall tab, click on New.
- Modify these settings:
- Port: Select "Other" from dropdown list
- TCP Port #: 28212
- Description: "Pharos Popup"