Mac HuskyPrint Installation
To print from a personal computer to a campus printer, you will need to setup the print queues on your personal computer. You will be able to install print using a wired or wireless connection (on campus).
- Have successfully installed, configured,
and registered your computer on the SCSU network or ResNet
- Are currently on campus
and on the active SCSU network
- Know your StarID (username) and password
- Link to the Ask SCSU article on configuring printing on a Mac device.
- These instuctions are for devices at 10.6 or higher.
- When you are printing to a HuskyPrint printer, you will see a "popup" application appear on the screen. Supply your StarID (username) and a password. At the print station, you will be prompted for your username and this password in order to release the print job.
- The popup client will not work unless the computer is rebooted after installation of the popup application.
- If you do not see the pop-up window when printing, your local firewall might prevent Pharos Pop-up to be allowed through the firewall.
- To allow pop-ups, go to the Apple menu, select System Preferences, and Sharing.
- Under the Firewall tab, click on New.
- Modify these settings:
- Port: Select "Other" from dropdown list
- TCP Port #: 28212
- Description: "Pharos Popup"