Windows HuskyPrint Installation
To use the campus HuskyPrint system on ResNet, or to use your laptop to
print from a campus wired access plug-in (open data jack) or wireless connection,
you must first install printing.
HUSKYPRINT UPGRADE - July 31, 2009
Vista users who had Huskyprint printers set up prior to 7/31/09 may receive a message saying that installing a driver is necessary to use the printer. If you encounter this error:
- Click Install Driver.
- A Windows prompt will display a message stating that "Windows needs permission to continue". Click Continue.
- Installation may take several minutes during which time the computer may not appear to be doing anything. This is normal, and please be patient while it completes the process.
- After installation is complete, you may receive an error saying the print job has failed. This is okay.
- Try printing again. The print job should go through normally and be available at the appropriate release station(s).
Installing printing requires that you:
- Have successfully installed, configured
and registered your computer for HuskyNet or ResNet
- Are currently on campus
and active on the network
- Know your StarID (username) and password
- Have Windows Vista, XP or 2000
Installation Directions for Windows Systems (Vista, XP or 2000)
- Click Start, then click Run… (Vista users, click Start, then click in the Start Search dialog box and begin typing)
- Type \\huskyprint\ in the dialog box and click OK.
- When prompted, enter your StarID and password. Note: You may need to type stcloudstate\StarID (replace StarID with your
- You should see a list of available print queues.
A list of HuskyNet print queues is also
available as a reference guide.
click the printer you wish to install.
The printer will now be installed on your computer, including necessary
drivers. Your installation is complete.
If you reboot your computer, it might be necessary for you to repeat the
steps above and supply your StarID and password in the future before
you attempt to use an installed HuskyPrint printer. Please note that HuskyPrint
services are only available from on campus. You will not be able to print
to campus printers from off campus.