The Virtual Lab
Using the Campus Lab Desktop
Before using this guide, please make sure you have the Citrix ICA Client already installed on your system. The Campus Lab Desktop is a remote access of a Windows lab machine on campus.
The desktop of the lab machine will display over the top of your computer
desktop and will allow you access to every software title we provide in the
general access labs.
- Go to the Virtual Lab web site at http://huskynet.stcloudstate.edu/computers/virtuallab/ and
click the link "Enter the Virtual Lab".
- Choose Yes to open the Virtual Lab site. (This option will only appear using Internet Explorer.)
- Log In to the Virtual Lab by entering your HuskyNet ID and password.
- Here you will see the Applications menu. Click on the Campus Lab Desktop icon.
- When you open the Campus Lab Desktop, you will be presented with the
following window asking for access to local files on your computer. If
you check No Access, you will not be able to use your
local files or save to your hard drive. If you check Read Access,
you will be able to see your local files, but not make any changes. Finally,
if you choose Full Access, you will be able to view,
change and create files on your local hard drive. After you have checked
your options, click OK.
No matter which options you choose on this screen, you will always have
full access to files stored in your HuskyNet FileSpace (X: drive).
- When you are finished using the Campus Lab Desktop, click the Start button
and choose Log Off. You will be returned to the Virtual
Lab page on your computer.