HuskyNet Wired Access Instructions
Macintosh OS X
- Have a valid HuskyNetID and password
- Mac OS X 10.3 (version 10.3 or later recommended)
- Have a built-in or installed Apple AirPort wireless adapter.
In most cases, your computer will already be properly configured to work
on ResNet. To test this, connect your computer to the data-jack in your room
with an Ethernet cable. Then turn on your computer and open a web browser.
If you see the Computer Registration page, you can skip the configuration
- Click the Apple Menu and select System Preferences...
- Click on the Network icon.
- You may see a list of network adapters on your computer. Double-click Built-in
Ethernet. If you do not see a list of network adapters, make
sure Built-in Ethernet is selected from the Show: menu.
- Make sure the option Configure IPv4: is set to Using
Before you can use the Internet, you must register you computer on the campus
network. To do this, open a web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari,
etc.) and follow the on screen instructions. You will need your HuskyNetID
and password for this process.