Free Software Downloads for at Home
The following is a collection of links and information related to free software
you might find useful for your home computer. Some of these programs are available for use at home through the Virtual Lab
If you need help downloading these programs, or if you run into a problem, contact
the HuskyTech at (320) 308-7000, HuskyTech@stcloudstate.edu or
in Miller Center MC 102.
AntiVirus and Spyware Software
- FireFox Web browser: A popular and free alternative Web browser for Windows, Macintosh and Linux/Unix.
- Google Chrome: A popular and free alternative Web browser for Windows, Macintosh and Linux/Unix.
- Adobe Shockwave Player: A free player for Web-based multimedia playback.
- Adobe Flash Player: A free player that provides the ability to view interactive Web-based materials, games and animations.
- Microsoft Silverlight: A free player that provides the ability to view interactive Web-based materials, games and animations.
File Transfer Software
Graphic and Publishing Software
- Paint .NET for Windows: Paint.NET is free image editing and photo manipulation software designed to be used on computers that run Windows.
- GIMP: A free feature-rich image manipulation program available for Windows, Unix/Linux and Mac OSX platforms.
Word Processors and Productivity Suites
- Open Office Suite: Free office suite for Microsoft Windows, GNU/Linux ("Linux"), Sun Solaris, Mac OS X (under X11), and FreeBSD platforms.